KUALA LUMPUR – Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s former personal aide, Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan filed an application today to amend the statement of claim in his RM50 million suit against his ex boss.
The plaintiff’s counsel Zamri Idrus told reporters that Saiful wanted to add more details regarding Anwar’s alleged defamation accusation against him for his police report about sodomy six years ago.
“The suit is not only about sodomy but also related to Anwar’s defamation allegations against Saiful,” he said.
He said Judicial Commissioner Azizul Azmi Adnan fixed Jan 23 in chambers, today, for case management.
Meanwhile, Anwar’s lawyer, Shahid Adli Kamarudin said he would seek his client’s instructions on whether to object to the application.
On June 23 last year, Mohd Saiful, 30, filed for damages, citing physical trauma and agony since 2008 as a result of being sodomised by Anwar.
The plaintiff also claimed that Anwar had accused him of defaming and conspiring against him with his police report alleging sodomy on June 28, 2008.
Mohd Saiful claimed he never lied in the police report about being sodomised by the opposition leader, and that the last sodomy incident was on June 26, 2008, at Unit 1151, Desa Damansara Condominium, Jalan Setia Kasih, here.
The plaintiff claimed he was looked down by the community who believed Anwar’s allegations against him and ridiculed in the social websites.
Anwar in his statement of defence filed on Oct 8 last year denied sodomising Mohd Saiful and said the allegations were false. – BERNAMA