Hottest Online News Portal

AFF Suzuki Cup Brawl: 3 Suspects Surrender

in Latest

KUALA LUMPUR: Deputy Home Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar today said at least three suspects believed to be involved in the brawl during Sunday’s AFF Suzuki Cup first-leg-semifinal match between Malaysia and Vietnam had surrendered to police.

Wan Junaidi said so far no arrest is made but the police going all out to nab the offenders.

He said hooliganism is certainly not acceptable as it would tarnish the image of the country and once the offenders are identified, they should be banned for life from entering the stadiums.

The incident, which occurred near the end of the match, saw Malaysian fans attacking the Vietnamese fans. The game ended with Vietnam defeating Malaysia 2-1.-NST

Latest from Latest

Go to Top