KUALA LUMPUR – Nine more people have been evacuated in Perak due to floods, raising to 968 the number of flood evacuees in Perak and Selangor as at 10 am today.
The nine people were moved out of their homes in Kampung Parit Abu Hassan in Bagan Serai and are being housed at the relief centre at Sekolah Kebangsaan Bukit Merah, said Perak Fire and Rescue director Yahya Madif.
The total number of evacuees in Perak as at 10 am today was 381 and in Selangor, 587.
The other evacuees in Perak comprise:
* 51 people from Batu 38 and 40 in Bukit Merah now at Sekolah Kebangsaan Bukit Merah.
* 73 people from Kampung Mesra Batu 7, Changkat Jong, Lorong Mesra, Kampung Batu 9, Teluk Intan, Lorong Kedah and Kampung Baru Batu 8 in Hilir Perak now at Sekolah Kebangsaan Changkat Jong.
* 29 people from Kampung Parit 7, Teluk Intan, now at Sekolah Kebangsaan Teluk Intan.
* 66 people from Kampung Matang Tengah, Kampung Air Hitam and Changkat Lobak now in Bagan Seri now at Sekolah Kebangsaan Changkat Lobak.
* 52 people from Kampung Tok Sirat in Sungai Siput now at Kampung Tok Sirat community hall.
* 18 people from Kampung Lasah in Sungai Siput now at Kampung Lasah community hall.
* 83 people affected by a landslide in Kampung Padang Serai, Pengkalan Bharu, in Pantai Remis now at Sekolah Agama Rakyat Kampung Padang Serai.
In SELANGOR, the 587 evacuees are at seven relief centres in the Kuala Selangor district.
Kuala Selangor district officer Shamsul Shahril Badlisza Mohd Noor said 388 of them were being housed at Sekolah Kebangsaan Parit Mahang.
The others were being accommodated at:
* Kampung Bukit Kuching community hall (61 people);
* Kampung Bukit Cherakah community hall (35);
* Kampung Bukit Hijau community hall (34);
* Kampung Asahan community hall (11);
* Simpang Tiga Mosque, Jeram (29) and
* Tuan Mee Estate (29).
Shamsul Shahril Badlisza had said that the various agencies had taken the adequate measures to face a massive high tide in Kuala Selangor between today and Sunday. – BERNAMA