You donâ€™t have to be miserable on long flights. Watch as we break down our seven best tips for staying comfortable, hydrated, happy, and polished in the air. Bon Voyage!
1. Moisturize! The stale recycled air and low cabin humidity on planes causes skin to become much more dry. For those who have normal to dry skin naturally, you may notice tightness or flakiness. But for folks who naturally have combo to oily skin, this drying process causes your body to get confused and overproduce oil as its way of â€œdamage control.â€
These skin types may experience a slight break out during flights. This is why itâ€™s important to use a hydrating product that balances all skin types.
2. Drink Up. Your skin is already dry so donâ€™t invest in things that make it dryer! Drink plenty of water and tea and avoid the caffeinated and alcoholic drinks.
3. Conceal. The first two steps will give you a solid foundation for any flight. Now for the good stuff. Under eye concealer or an intensive skin serum concealer mimicâ€™s the skin true texture, blurring fine lines while reducing the appearance of dark circles and eradicating puffiness.
4. Donâ€™t neglect the eyes. Everyone always works to cover the darkness under their eyes but they forget that their eye lids can get dark and discoloured as well. You would be surprised how much using a bright flesh toned colored shadow can instantly make you look more awake.
5. You must use blush. Applying a soft peachy/nude color on the cheeks can instantly lift any dull complexion. Gravitate towards peach. If a person has a lot of pink surface tone (or irritation caused by flying) using a pink blush can highlight that tone in an unflattering way. Peach helps to balance everything out.
6. Invest in a great lengthening mascara. This will instantly bring drama and lift to your eyes.
7. Donâ€™t be afraid of the statement lip stick! There is no faster way to instantly glamorize your look than applying a bold color on the lips. Every woman has a shade of red that is perfect for their skin tone, whether itâ€™s blue-based, orange-based or brown-based. If red just isnâ€™t your thing then try a merlot, berry or fuchsia for an instant pop.