Whether you are travelling on ground or thousands of feet up in the air, there is no excuse to not look good. To step out of the plane camera-ready like our favourite jet-setting celebrities, just follow a few travel beauty survival tips, suggested makeup artist Kanikka Gauraav Tandon:
* Go with a moisturiser: Apply heavier moisturiser a day before you are going to travel. This will help in maintaining hydration in your skin before you are exposed to dehydrating effects of cabin pressure or air conditioner effects.
* Tie high: Tie a high pony or a high bun to combat bad hair at the end of the long flight. And make sure to carry a wide tooth hair brush always.
* Drizzle with mineral water: To give a touch up while travelling, never add extra foundation or blush, instead drizzle mineral water and add a bit of moisturiser.
* Pick nude colours: Avoid bright coloured nail polish while travelling as it chips too easily and gives an unfinished look. Instead, go for neutral, sheer colour or a nude hue that won’t call for attention even if it chips.
* Take your cleanser: If you can carry just a single skin care item from home, go for your cleanser as change in cleansers can abrupt skin’s acid balance and results in breakout.
* Keep hands away from face: To avoid breakouts, make sure not to touch your skin while travelling as your hands carry numerous bacteria resulting in many skin problems. Use anti-bacterial hand wash before applying makeup.
* A big no to eye makeup: Avoid mascara and creamy eye shadows. People often take a nap while travelling, so these might trail down to cheeks.
* Don’t stick to lipstick: People prefer using long lasting lipstick, but this really dehydrates your lips and so as to have an escape go for lip gloss. Re-apply the gloss throughout the trip and your lips will look fresh.-MYNEWSHUB.CC