Weâ€™ve all tried tricks to hide a double chinâ€”wearing a high-neck top or scarf and tilting our heads just right when our photo is taken.
Thereâ€™s no denying it. The extra layer of fatty tissue under our chins is most often caused by being overweight. Sagging skin under the chin can also occur as we age and our skin loses elasticity. For a few, it can be genetic.
1. Sugar-Free Gum
To get rid of a double chin, it is essential to keep your facial muscles toned and give the muscles in your jaw line a workout. One of the best ways to do that is to chew sugarless gum. Sugar free chewing gum can even help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Simply chew sugarless gum several times a day to reduce your double chin as quickly as possible.
2. Cocoa Butter
When cocoa butter is used regularly, it will improve the elasticity of your skin and help get rid of your double chin.
- Slightly warm a few tablespoons of cocoa butter in the microwave.
- Gently massage the warm oil into your neck and double chin for several minutes.
- Do this twice a day, before taking a bath in the morning and every night before going to bed.
3. Wheat Germ Oil
Regular neck massage with wheat germ oil is another effective way to get rid of a double chin. Wheat germ oil has the goodness of vitamin E oil that will nourish and help tighten the skin.
- Before going to bed, rub some wheat germ oil gently around the chin area.
- Gently massage upwards from the bottom of the neck to the chin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave the oil on your skin overnight.
- Repeat regularly to soon notice improvement in the appearance of your double chin.
4. Egg Whites
An egg white mask can be of great help in getting rid of a double chin because it has a skin tightening effect. Egg whites are also good for the overall health of the skin.
- Whisk together two egg whites, one tablespoon each of milk, honey and lemon juice.
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Apply this mask to the skin around your chin and neck area.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin.
- Do this once daily for quick results.
You can also make a natural mask with glycerin to get rid of a double chin.
- Make a mask by mixing one tablespoon of glycerin, one-half tablespoon of Epsom salt and a few drops of peppermint oil.
- Use a cotton pad to apply it on the neck and chin area.
- Leave it on for several minutes so that it absorbs into the skin.
- Wash the area thoroughly with cool water.
- Do this three to five times a week to get positive results.
6. Chin Exercises
Chin exercises can help stretch and tone your face, neck, and jaw muscles, thereby helping you get rid of your double chin. They will also strengthen your chin and neck muscles and relieve stiffness.
While keeping your spine erect, slowly tilt your head back until you are looking at the ceiling and then pucker up your lips in a pout. Hold this position for five counts and then release. Repeat 5 to 10 times in a row. Do this daily at least for a few weeks.
Another exercise involves gently turning your head clockwise and then anticlockwise, keeping your spine straight all the while. Do 5 to 10 repetitions of this exercise, about three times a day for several weeks.