KOTA KINABALU: The High Court has fixed June 25 for decision on the Lahad Datu intrusion case.
Deputy public prosecutor Mohd Dusuki Mokhtar, who prosecuted in the case, said it was initially set for June 20 after the submission by both parties which had been set for Friday.
“The court had just informed us that the judge was not available (today) and has postponed the date for hearing of the submissions (to June 20).
“This also pushed the date for the decision on the case,” he told Bernama here Friday.
Meanwhile, counsel for the 16 Filipinos accused in the case, Datuk N.
Sivananthan, said the court might require two days for decision on the case considering the number of accused involved.
The case before Justice Stephen Chung was heard at the Sabah Prison Department since Jan 6, 2014 with 30 individuals – 27 Filipinos and three local men – accused of various offences linked to the armed intrusion at Kampung Tanduo in Lahad Datu in February 2013.
On Feb 5, Chung ordered 19 of the 30 accused, including the three locals, to enter their defence after finding that the prosecution had succeeded in establishing a prima facie case.