Hottest Online News Portal

42 Students Of SMK Pondok Upeh Suffer Food Poisoning

in Latest

BALIK PULAU – A total of 42 hostelites at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan (SMK) Pondok Upeh, here suffered stomach ache and vomiting believed to have been caused by food poisoning.

Thirty-two girl students and 10 male students aged between 13 and 17 years were reported to have diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and dizziness after consuming chicken curry at the canteen of the hostel at 6.30pm.

Deputy Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Hilmi Yahaya, who visited the students at the hospital, said they were receiving treatment at the Balik Pulau Hospital and were reported to be in stable condition.

“The school had taken all the affected students to hospital early this morning after noticing that they were becoming weaker,” he said here today.

Dr Hilmi, who is also the Member of Parliament for Balik Pulau, said the State Health Department had carried out an investigation on the hostel’s kitchen and took several food samples including chicken and utensils used for cooking the chicken. – BERNAMA

Latest from Latest

Go to Top